Wow, I can't believe how fast everything is going. I am still feeling out of breath with trying to keep up with my Canyon and now I am trying to catch up on other things while he is asleep.

Canyon has also began to really enjoy his baths. Seems like he just can't make enough of a splash and a mess. He even likes to swim in it and gets right onto his belly and puts his face in the water. A total fish.
Gerald's parents have flown back to Indonesia for a month to visit the ministry out there. They were really looking forward to helping out with a church reconciliation. We saw them a few days before they left at a dinner at Uncle Dave and Auntie Priscilla's new house in Millarville. It is such a beautiful home with so many rustic touches. I am sure they will be very happy to finally have it done. It was also really great see Cousin Hunter and Cousin Walker again. We hadn't seen them since Canyon's baby dedication in November so I am sure he looked like he had grown quite a bit.
He is now becoming so much more independant. He is now moving around very quickly and has decided that he can crawl much faster than walking with mom and dad's aid. He is definately sturdier and likes to stand up to reach everything.
Speaking of sleeping, he now likes to stand up in his crib when I am trying to put him down for a nap. Then he gets so overtired that he just sits down and falls asleep. I walked into his room after a few minutes and found him asleep with his head on his knees. Man, he would be great at Yoga.
We also bought him a tunnel at Ikea. He loves to crawl through the little activity center tunnel and look out the window so we thought we would go one step bigger. Now he just loves to crawl through and even stop half way to decide which way he should come out.
He and his cousin Aiden are becoming such great buddies.
They even seem to communicate with each other though none of us can figure out how. They have been hanging out a lot lately and especially lots this last weekend as Uncle Scott and Auntie Colette welcomed Conrad Scott into the world early Sunday morning. He is such a cutie and Aiden seems to really enjoy being an older brother.
Gerald is finally finishing up his full house reno in Glamorgan and has planned to take next week off to work on our own house for a change. I must admit I am very excited to get some of the little stuff finished up. Last weekend while it was beautiful weather, we painted our front door a beautiful orange - it can be seen all the way from down the block. It is very cool although I think we will now be known as "the house with the orange door".
I guess it now becomes a countdown to Canyon's first birthday and I must start planning the festivities. I am actually looking forward to doing some fun stuff for it. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.
Well, I should head to bed and get rested for yet another busy day tomorrow.
Ciao,
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment