Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Almost 5 Months

Wow, I can't believe it has been another month gone and that fall is here. It certainly feels it this week. I guess, fall is officially here tomorrow so I shouldn't be so surprised.

Today is Gerald's parents 54 wedding anniversary. Congratulations to them. Isn't that wonderful and so rare in this day and age? We wish them many more.










Two weekends back, Gerald's parents, Aunt Doreen and Lenna came over for lunch. It was such a nice visit. I even made a huge spread. I think this was the first time we had Gerald's parents over for lunch since the renovations were done. Canyon was certainly spoiled with attention. The photo to the left is Aunt Doreen in the recliner and on the right is Gerald's mother Glenna.


Canyon is of course bigger and is now becoming more vocal. He has started doing rasberries this week (where he puts his tongue between his lips and blows). It is so cute. He is also studying everything so intently. He touches faces and grabs everything. We really have to be on guard. Gerald was eating dinner at a restaurant with Canyon in his lap and Canyon grabbed the bun out of Gerald's hand and had it to his mouth before we could even react. He is fast and hungry apparently. We decided that he needed some more food so we have been adding in a bottle of formula in the evenings between feeds. He just gulps it down. Doesn't he look mischevious?



Gerald has been working hard this week. He and his dad are re-shingling his parents roof. they are trying to rush before all the rain hits. I think they are half done so far.

Mom is moved into her condo and loving it. She is still working on emptying boxes and hanging some pictures but for the most part she is moved in and loving it.

Dad is recooperating well with his cracked hip. The doctor has given him permission to put some weight on it but warned him not to overdo it. My dad? Never!

Scott and Colette and Aiden have gone on a little camping trip to Southern Alberta for two weeks. They have been travelling about in a fifth wheel trailer and loving it. It must be nice to get away.

I have been keeping well. Canyon and I are loving our time together. I can't believe how sociable he is. He and I have been staying home in this cold weather and doing the domestic thing. We baked banana bread and banana muffins and banana cake. (I had a lot of bananas to use up). I even made jelly for the first time ever. Turned out pretty well I think. Next up is baking some bread.

We did some clothes shopping for Canyon for the first time. Gerald found the cutist little cordoroy overalls for Canyon. He looks so cute. We also put on his winter hat that Auntie Priscilla gave him for Christmas last year before he was born. I must admit, we have one cute kid.

Well, enough for now. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to update more often. Until then, stay warm

Ciao,

Michelle

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Aaawww! what a cutie! He has grown so much too!Can't wait to see you guys soon!